INFO IN ENGLISH
THE LARGEST MUSIC FESTIVAL IN NORTHERN SCANDINAVIA
2-4 JUNE 2023 | UMEÅ | SWEDEN
THIS IS BRÄNNBOLLSYRAN
Brännbollsyran is a unique festival experience with the World Cup in brännboll during the day and northern Scandinavia's largest music festival in the evening. The festival takes place at the central and beautiful Hedlunda in Umeå. The cup takes place at Mariehemsängarna close to Umeå University.
The Cup and Brännbollsyran originally started in 1974. The festival in its current form was started in 2013 and is the largest music festival in northern Scandinavia with 17 000 tickets sold per day in 2022.
Major international and Swedish artists such as Tiësto, Macklemore, The Chainsmokers, Kygo, Marshmello, Martin Garrix, Future, Zara Larsson, Veronica Maggio, Tove Lo, and many more, have played the festival in recent years. Over 300 teams participated in the 2022 cup where High Rise Or A Slice won the cup over Salming in front of a euphoric audience at Mariehemsängarna. As of 1997, the cup has official WC status.
See the full line-up and set days below. Please note that all line-up information is only available in Swedish.
Our festival has three different ticket categories, Basic, Comfort and Premium. Our 3-day passes are the most popular ones, but 2-day and 1-day passes are also available.
TICKETS FOR STUDENTS AT UMEÅ UNIVERSITY
We offer specially discounted ticket prices on festival passes to university students & union members at Umeå University and SLU Umeå. Please note that student union members are offered a higher discount rate in comparison to university students without a student union membership. The discount does NOT apply to other universities, colleges, vocational training or high schools. * Anyone visiting the festival must present a valid student ID when picking up the wristband if ticket was purchased with a student discount. "Mecenat card" (not applicable to high school students), "UMU card" and "Student card" (not applicable to high school students) are valid student certificates.
* Unions that are affiliated with our festival are Umeå Student Union, NTK, Umeå Medical Student Union and the Police College Union. Cards with union membership from these unions are valid and will allow you to purchase a ticket with a union discount. Digital cards are fine.
* You must have a study rate of at least 50% at Umeå University, SLU Umeå or the Police Academy to be able to use our student discount.
* Please note that you can only get one discounted festival pass per purchase. If you want to buy several festival passes with a discount, you must make several individual purchases.
* It is not possible to buy out discounted tickets for non-students.
* A pre-purchase supplement of SEK 100 is added to the festival pass.
Use the discount code "uni2023" at checkout if you are a student at Umeå University who are NOT part of a student union. Press the button below to get to our ticket provider Tickster.
Use the discount code "kar2023" at checkout if you are a student at Umeå University who are ARE part of a student union. Press the button below to get to our ticket provider Tickster.
SUBMIT YOUR TEAM TO THE CUP - WORLD CUP IN BRÄNNBOLL
Participate together with over 300 teams and thousands of players in this epic event. No matter if you are aiming for the gold or just want to have fun, everybody is welcome to participate in the cup. The team registration is open. Team registration for the cup:
* The team must consist of 8-12 players, of which the participants are at least 3 female and 3 male players.
* The team chooses a playing time that lasts up until 3 hours. All group games are played during that time. Winning teams (sometimes two teams) advance to the playoffs on Saturday June 3.
* Please note: No information about the players in the team needs to be reported when registering in addition to the person and contact information about the team leader.
* Registration for the team costs nothing, but all players must have purchased some variant of festival pass (Basic, Comfort, Premium) and wear the wristband during all matches. 1-day festival passes are OK even if it is not the same day. It is also possible to buy a "Player Pass" ticket and wear that bracelet instead. Player Pass can be purchased on our ticket site HERE.
* For the sake of other teams, it is important to appear as a registered team. For teams that do not show up for the group game, the team leader is invoiced SEK 1,000. Until 2 May, teams can be unsubscribed free of charge to email@example.com.
Maximize your festival weekend by staying at Brännbollsyran's own hotel. In addition to a good night's sleep and a tasty breakfast buffet, you’ll get the opportunity to meet up with other festival visitors and get in the right mood for the days ahead. You collect your festival wristband at the hotel when you check in. You can also stay at our official festival campsite, The Camp. You can either bring your own tent or buy a pre-pitched tent from FestiTent. You book rooms at Brännbollsyran Hotel and The Camp on our ticket site. Press the button below to access our ticket site and make your booking.
WORK AS A VOLUNTEER AT THE FESTIVAL
Brännbollsyran needs help with preparation and execution of both the cup and the festival, including deconstruction of the festival area. Therefor, we are offering our volunteers a free festival experience in exchange for their help.
RELIVE BRÄNNBOLLSYRAN 2022
Brännbollsyran 2022 took place June 3-5 and broke a new attendance record with over 17,000 tickets sold per day. For the first time, the festival was arranged at beautiful Hedlunda in central Umeå. The lineup consisted of Macklemore, Tiësto, Veronica Maggio, HOV1, Molly Sandén, Victor Leksell, Bolaget, Mares, Hooja and many more. High Rise Or A Slice won the cup over Salming in front of a euphoric audience at Mariehemsängarna.